Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My New Day Bed and Quilt


This is the iron double bed I bought this past summer. I can just see it in someones sun room.



I purchased two beautiful quilts this summer and this is the second one. It is about 80 years old and is so beautiful. The picture does not do it justice. The first quilt I put on one of my beds because I was having a Open House and it sold the first day. Oh! I really wanted it for myself too.



One nice feature about a double day bed it that you do not have to remove the pillows to take a little nap.


There are so many tiny stitches and this quilt feels so nice to the touch.



This iron bed is unique in that booth ends are the same height. It is painted a light grey and has a few chippies. The swags are so elegant, I wanted to keep it also but I do not have room for it in my house. I just love the colors in this quilt and think it looks so nice with the bed. I hope you all have a good evening.