Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Post Office Table

This table was in the Post Office for many years before being discarded. I am not sure how many years it was outside before I rescued it. The rain and the weather rusted the top so beautifully. After a little yellow paint and some sanding on the top it is a beauty now.... I am not the only one who loved it, so did the gentleman yesterday. It is his new dinning table now. You would have to agree that a one piece table top made of metal is so easy to care for. It also has a nice big drawer to hold linens, salt and pepper or silverware. The table is sturdy, practical, heavy duty and beautiful. I am sure it will be around for many years to come. It is already around 60 years old.

I have tried different chairs around it. It even looks great with the bench on one side. The bench has been sold or Peter would have bought it to go with his table. I am on the lookout for another bench that would work for him. That is not always easy to find the right piece right away. Patience!

I love this old wooden truck that some Grandfather made for the garden or patio. It would be sweet with small Christmas gifts loaded in the back. I actually dumps too!

Look at Andy in the child's pull sled. The sled would also look great with Christmas gift in it.

Some silver spoons and forks that I found at a Estate Sale. Something tells me my daughter Brandy might like them.....ya I think so. In all honesty I bought them hoping that she want them.

Hope you have a good evening. sandi