Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Almond Blossoms

March is always a beautiful time of year here in the Valley. Many orchards are in bloom: almond, cherry, apple, peach and many more. Escalon is known for its agricultural dairy farms and orchards.


Almond trees

With the inspiration of spring in full bloom outside, I have decorated The Green Pea with a few seasonal items.

Here are some Easter decorations. See that wonderful, old, turquoise-painted tray? That tray and a few of those decorations just left me to go live with that little cubby that I sold about a month ago. Leslie is the fortunate lady that bought my favorite cubby. Just this last weekend she brought in some pictures for me to see of the cubby and its new, perfect home. It looks even prettier there and I was so delighted that she was kind enough to show me. Thank you, Leslie!!



Easter Decorations

Now this is a beautiful, old, handmade quilt. I really love the color combination and it has a such a wonderful "feel" to it too. It reminds me of the one that my grandmother made for me when I was a little girl.


Handmade Quilt