Saturday, April 11, 2009

An Easter Chick

My darling chick, Tiramisu

Three weeks ago, as I was driving home from work, I saw something run across the street in front of me. It was a little black blur! I stopped alongside the road and combed the two-foot tall grass to discover a tiny little chick. It was peeping and its mommy was nowhere in sight. Being the softhearted, animal-lover that I am, I had to take it (he? she?) home.

The little chick was so hungry and thirsty! After getting it fed, we cuddled for awhile before I put it in a bird cage. I decided to name it "Tiramisu."

I have begun to let Tiramisu sleep in the bathroom at night, at least until it warms up outside. During the day I turn it loose to wander around my backyard and eat the bugs. As soon as the sun goes down in the evenings, I can hear it peeping on the back doorstep from inside the house. When I open the back door, Tiramisu hops right in and walks to the bathroom to go to bed. Since it is growing larger by the minute, I am hoping it will stay outside at night soon!